Say hello an even better Punderson Manor!
Since late last year, Punderson Manor has been undergoing a massive renovation project that will prepare the Grand Dame of the Ohio State Park Lodges to serve our guests even better in the future. While closed from January – March, 2015, extensive behind-the-scenes updates took place at Punderson, including new electrical wiring, upgraded ventilation and plumbing systems and more.
Other new upgrades include:
- Updated cabin interiors, including new furniture, flooring, and wall coverings (completed)
- New indoor and outdoor pools (completed)
- Replacement of the Manor House’s exterior trim (completed)
- Expansion of the lakefront boardwalk to the cabin area (completed)
- Installation of improved cable and WiFi systems (in progress)
- Exterior renovation of cabins (in progress)
- Trail improvements (coming soon)
- New sledding hill tow rope (coming soon)
- New wastewater treatment system (coming soon)
As part of this process, guests may notice minor construction work and equipment on site during the weekdays.
The lodge renovation is one of many improvements coming to Punderson State Park this year. The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR), which oversees the state’s 74 parks, is investing $6.2 million in Punderson State Park improvements. In addition to the aforementioned 700-foot floating boardwalk on Punderson Lake, other projects include a mechanized lift for the park’s popular sledding hill, campground improvements, and construction of a restroom near the 18-hole disc golf course.
Book your next visit now and experience the new Punderson Manor!